(1) I don’t know her real, legal name: her name at birth. Once, I thought it was Marion
Bush, but that turned out to be wrong. Oddly, my dad doesn’t know, either.
(2) I don’t know who her parents, grandparents, etc., were.
(3) I don’t know if she had any siblings.
(4) I don’t know exactly where she lived in New Jersey as a child; I do not know what the
house looked like in which she grew up.
(5) I don’t know why there are no other pictures (aside from the one) of her, her
hometown, her family.
(6) I don’t know where she went to high school, and I never got a straight answer on
whether she went to college. There was something about her having moved to where
Pratt Institute is, but never a clarification as to whether she actually went there. One
thing is clear, though: she never graduated from Pratt, or any other college.
(7) I don’t know why she left New Jersey and her family. I don’t know how she got to
(8) I don’t understand her relationships and how they came to be, between her and Red
and Stan. I don’t know why she calls Stan “brother” when it’s just not true.
(9) I don’t know how she met her first husband, James, and where they lived, and what
happened to them.
(10) I don’t know why she and her son, Randy, hate each other so much, and why he ran
away. She never spoke, at all, of Randy to me—or anyone, I suppose.
(11) I don’t know why, or how, she came to Houston.